Monday 18 January 2010

Planning

SCRIPT.

This is our radio advertisement script.

"I'm a little kettle, short and stout, here is my handle here is my spout, now I have a button I don't shout, lift me up and pour me out."

"Kettle and Co introduces the exclusive electric kettle"

"Available in all leading home stores."


After analysing other radio adverts, we came to a conclusion that a jingle would be the most popular technique to use. As we see in two of our radio research adverts, a jingle is used by some of the big names, Rice Krispies and Nescafe. But why does the jingle work so well? Jingles are used in association with the product, when you hear a certain jingle you then remember the aim or the product that it was selling. They take the form of a small rhyming song which sticks in a persons mind.

Humour is also put into most jingles as this then makes them far more memorable. In our radio advert we use humour and a play on words, " now I have a button I don't shout." Here we are making it clear that all you need to do is push a button and you do not have to boil the water under a gas stove. In the original rhyme it says, " when I get all steamy, hear me shout." in contrast we have made clear that technology is the main force behind our product but the nostalgia is still there. The fact that when people hear this they remember their childhood well, and it will take them back to when they were younger. As the children's popular nursery rhyme is well known and most people wont be able to help themselves sing along, it will generate more interest in the product.

We then added in the tag line of, " kettle and co introduces the all new electric kettle." This is a code of convention of a radio advertisement. This gives our radio advert anchorage. And the line " available in all leading home stores" again is a convention of a typical radio advert.






No comments:

Post a Comment